Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Slap Chop Commercial

 
The video: http://youtu.be/VTmC7UQj7_M

Oh, this is one of my favorites. In fact, most informercials for products found on TV are my favorite. Where they find these guys to run them, I have no idea, but they are good. This guy, Vince Offer, is fantastic. He's very smooth with his action... you think had gone to a special school to learn and train how to use the Slap Chop, all while under fire and in mud.

First off, his mix for tuna salad is interesting. But, better yet, is his concept for an exciting breakfast. Hardboiled egg, a pickle, and a green onion? That sounds pretty exciting alright.

At one point, he says this, "You're gonna love my nuts." This is in reference to how he is going to chop up some nuts with ease. But, you and I both know that this was a clever ploy to slip in something facetious without the censors jumping all over him. I know how you work, Mr. Offer, you dirtly little hooker beater, you. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/shamwow-guy-slap-chop-bust"

I do love the Graty. Partially because it's called the Graty. But his little rhyme is the seller: "tacos, fetuccini, linguini, martini, bikini." What? I get the first three, but martini and bikini?

Anyways, watching Vince Offer and his Slap Chop and ShamWow commercials, even though now dated, never really goes stale because they're so weird.

1 comment: